On-Site Jewelry Appraisals
Mark Michael Diamond Designs is pleased to offer in-house jewelry appraisals. Our Graduate Gemologist has 30+ years of fine jewelry experience and offers expert knowledge and accuracy in jewelry, gemstone and watch appraisals. You may drop your jewelry items off at our store or arrange a sit down appointment to see how the grading and valuation is done.
The graduate gemologist's next availability for in-store while-you-wait appraisals is on Tuesday, September 25th, 2018.
Please contact us at 763.494.5700 for more information or make an appointment using the form below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is A JEWELRY APPRAISAL?
An appraisal is an informed opinion about the authenticity, quality, and value of a jewelry item. It is a paper document that can be submitted to your insurance agent and be stored at home for your records.
how often should my jewelry be reappraised or updated?
Many insurance companies request jewelry appraisal updates every three years due to changing metal and gemstone prices.
how much does a jewelry appraisal cost?
Each jewelry appraisal is $95 and comes with a full report including a detailed description, full-color photograph, and a replacement value.
Reasons for a Jewelry Appraisal
• Insurance coverage is the most common need for a jewelry or gemstone appraisal. A complete appraisal is a detailed document that will assure you of a comparable replacement in case of loss.
• A jewelry appraisal is necessary in the event of an Estate Settlement, forming a Trust, or for Equitable Distribution.
• A jewelry appraisal is necessary for a tax deduction of a charitable contribution.
• A jewelry appraisal is useful for the division of property in a divorce.
• A jewelry appraisal is a valuable document to have when you decide to sell, trade or bequeath your jewelry.